Monday 13 February 2012

Tonight's Musical Interlude: "120 Minutes" April 27, 1986

It's Sunday night and that means a return to "120 Minutes" and the days when MTV still mattered. With the exception of Boys Don't Cry, tonight's mix is pretty decent (I never cared for "I Wanna be a Cowboy").
Many of the bands that were featured on the show never made it "big" (a relative term. "Big" in a lot of cases can mean heavy rotation on college radio, but perhaps not huge commercial successes) and disappeared in some kind of musical black hole. One of the videos that was featured on the playlist I'm working from this evening does not appear to be favored by the internet gods. Maybe, The Epidemics were big back then, but I don't remember them and I guess YouTube doesn't either. So unfortunately,their video for "Never Take No for an Answer" won't make it to tonights posting.
From: April 27, 1986
Host: J.J. Jackson

Bodeans, "Fade Away"


Hoodoo Gurus, "Bittersweet"


Boy's Don't Cry, "I Wanna Be a Cowboy"

No comments: