Saturday 21 January 2012

Tonight's musical interlude

So, now here's another question:

What is the best concert you've ever been to?

This is a hard one for me! I don't think I can name just one. These are my top favourites in no particular order (and, yea, my musical tastes are all over the place):

Gogol Bordello. Warsaw, Poland. June 2011



Gogol Bordello always puts on an awesome show, but there was something about seeing them in Poland that made it extra cool. Plus, the crowd was awesome!

BR5-49. Lawrence, Kansas. Sometime in 2004



My favourite alternative-country band! The venue they played at was kinda small, so the concert had a nice level of intimacy. They are just so much fun!!

Rollins Band, with Tool. Omaha, Nebraska. Sometime in 1991.




Even though I no longer really listen to this type of music, I still love Tool who opened for the Rollins Band at the Ranch Bowl (crappy venue, but I miss it...kinda).

It was awesome. Just awesome.



I will always love Rollins. I kinda have to, I have his sun tattoo on my neck.
Seriously though, "Life Time" is great fucking album.


3 comments:

stumpff said...

i just like family man and the spoken word thing where he pours salt on a slug.

stumpff said...

but i guess that was black flag.

Me said...

I used to like his spoken word. But, i like his "stand-up" better. He's hilarious!