Wednesday 18 January 2012

Solutions for social dorkitude


Those who know me outside of the intertubes know that I'm pretty high-strung and often resemble a cat on an icy driveway. Sometimes I feel super awkward in public and am easily convinced that I am the BIGGEST DORK IN THE WORLD.
Living in a foreign country eases this feeling somewhat as it is possible to attribute my social dorkiness into mistakes made due to not knowing the local language or customs. At least telling myself this makes me feel less like a nerd.
I think I should play the theme song from Curb Your Enthusiasm on a continuous loop on my iPod while I'm in public. That way I will see my awkwardness as hilarious mistakes and not total social failure.


 For those of you who aren't familiar with the show, it's about a guy who bumbles through life and gets into wacky situations with his friends. Sometimes, I feel like I can relate to him.


No comments: